Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you make my tree smaller/ why don’t you top trees?
If your tree is large, you may be asking about tree topping. This is not a recommended practice since it can lead to damage from stress, disease, sunscald, pests and infection which reduces the tree’s life and safety. However, our experts can complete a crown reduction which decreases the size of the crown without damaging the tree itself. Topping was also deemed an unethical practice in 1923.
2. When should I consider tree removal?
Although we always try to leave tree removal as a last resort, there may be reasons to do this. Our professional crew has the skills and equipment to remove your trees safely and efficiently.
Here are a few primary reasons to consider tree removal:
– Hazardous without being able to mitigate
– Causing an obstruction that can’t be fixed by pruning
– Has root problems that can’t be remedied
– Needs to be removed in order for new construction.
If you’re not sure that your tree meets this criteria, our expert team can complete an evaluation and recommend the best solution.
3. What season is best for tree service?
4. Do I need fertilization and mulch?
5. What is stump grinding?
6. What should I do if I suspect that my tree has a disease or an infestation?
7. Do you do pruning?
8. Is it true you work year-round?
Tree care is a year round full-time profession. Being dedicated to providing tree care requires year round commitment.
9. What are some questions to ask when hiring an Arborist
- Ask for proof of certification and verify it here. (It has been known for companies to steal ISA numbers to appear certified)
- Do you follow the industry standards?
- Can they tell you they follow the ANSI – A300 standards. If they can’t tell you what these are then don’t let them touch your trees.
- Ask for years experience and references.
- What are their specialities? Care vs. Removal
- Ask for WCB and Liability insurance.